Peruzzi Reveals Why He Left Medical School in Ukraine



Peruzzi, the renowned Nigerian artist and songwriter, recently opened up about the pivotal moment that led him to depart from medical school during his final year. In a candid conversation on the Zero Conditions Podcast, Peruzzi shed light on the psychological toll he experienced while pursuing Medicine and Surgery in Ukraine.

Psychological Exhaustion Amidst Medical Studies

The artist vividly described his overwhelming state, expressing how he felt psychologically drained amidst his medical education. "I reached a point where I was truly exhausted, like never before in my life. Mentally and emotionally, I was spent. By the time I approached my final year, it was a lot to handle. I had already completed my first MD," Peruzzi disclosed during the podcast.

A Turning Point in Pursuing His Passion



Peruzzi's journey at Odesa National University in Ukraine stretched until his fifth year, but the mounting pressure of Medical School proved too burdensome. This prompted his return to Nigeria, a decision he made after discussing his emotional turmoil with his mother. She set a single condition for his return, a condition he diligently fulfilled.

Departure and Return to Nigeria

Detailing the intensity of his emotions, Peruzzi recounted, "I was utterly exhausted, to the core. So, on the first of January, I hastily left even without my passport, having lost it. Urgently, I visited the embassy and obtained a travel letter. Upon my return, I confided solely in my mother, explaining the depth of my distress. She urged me to gather my school records from the first year onwards to validate my attendance."

Concealing His Decision from His Father

Interestingly, Peruzzi refrained from informing his father about his return to Nigeria, and his mother respected his decision not to disclose the reason. However, rumors circulated within his father's church community, speculating on the reasons behind his abrupt return.

Embracing his Decision

Despite his departure from medical studies, Peruzzi remains resolute and unwavering in his choice. He expressed no regrets about abandoning the medical path, emphasizing his commitment to pursuing his passion for music.

In essence, Peruzzi's departure from medical school was not merely an academic detour but a conscious step toward honoring his true calling in the realm of music. His candidness about his struggles offers a glimpse into the complexities of following one's passion amidst societal and familial expectations.